Time to Pop Hollywood's Titty out yo’ mouth

 We rely on what politicians and celebrities say way too much. 


If the 2022 Oscars with Will Smith slapping the shit out of Chris Rock didn't upset you on SOME level you may want to recheck yourself. 


On the one hand, it was a beautiful thing to witness a man stand up for his wife who just got made fun of for her hair (or lack thereof) which is a result of an illness she has been battling for a while now (only recently came public with it). A man SHOULD stand up for his woman's honor, Will did that. He slapped Chris Rock on a public televised "POSH" awards show with ENDLESS amounts of people watching which were his peers and fans. 


Now... with that said... violence is NEVER the answer. Will Smith could have waited until he had an opportunity to approach Chris Rock AFTER the show and settled up then... it probably would have been less of a shock and/or news worthy as smacking the shit out of someone on live TV did. We've all been where Will is/was. Some of us would go to NO END to defend a loved one's honor... and he isn't wrong for that. What Will is wrong for doing is hopping up on that stage and hitting Chris then sitting down and saying twice "Keep my wife's name out yo' fucking mouth". Yea... gangsta he is not. 


First off watch the slap, watch the events leading up to it. Watch the entire thing (you can find it on NUMEROUS social media outlets I am sure). Ok what perplexes me is ... did Will wanna SLAP him like a girl or can Will not really fight? Will played Mohammed Ali once ... I am sure he had boxing lessons. Am I wrong? 


Ok so you just gonna slap a bitch for saying something about your wife, really? Naw. I think if this were REAL ... Will would have beat Chris Rock's ASS! I think the entire ordeal was STAGED. Chris was smiling like an idiot as Will approached, Will slapped (not punched) Chris, the delivery of said slap was kinda WEAK like someone who knows how to pull punches (aka fake fighting aka WWE Style). 


Why fake this?


To get everyone talking about you. To make yourself famous/relevant. Did it work? Hell fucking yes it did. No one was talking about who got what award or any of the "firsts" that happened. No it's all CHRIS ROCK VS WILL SMITH THE RUMBLE IN THE ELITE JUNGLE.


So this brings me to my other point of writing this... 


SOCIETY NEEDS TO POP HOLLYWOOD'S TITTY OUT IT'S MOUTH.


For far too long society has watched celebrities go too far... Jussie Smollet, Whoppi Goldberg, Harvey Weinstein, Polanski, Woody Allen... etc, (I'd be here all day to name them all) with the said celebrities getting little to NO punishment for their crimes. Yet society sometimes basis their opinions on what their favorite celebrity thinks or says or does. We look to the Kardashians, models, actors, etc. for the way to define how we as a society should LOOK and ACT. 


I think that in itself shows us how BRAIN WASHED the average person is.


Now don't get me wrong. I am a huge movie lover. I am a huge music lover too being an ex musician myself (retired now). I am in NO WAY saying loving an actor/actress for their work is wrong. Anthony Hopkins is a STELLER actor in EVERY role he is ever in and I know watching his movies I will never see anything BAD from him... he will give 100% each performance. HOWEVER, if Mr. Hopkins said "Fuck the USA"... I would probably lose all respect for him as a PERSON. I can still enjoy his movies and acting but inside KNOW he was an asshole in real life. Now Mr. Hopkins NEVER said that (at least to my knowledge) but that's just an example to show you the depth of my meaning. 


Today, Ron Pearlman went live on Twitter saying "FUCK RON DESANTIS" the governor of Florida because he says DeSantis signed a "Don't say Gay" bill into law. NOT TRUE! What DeSantis passed into law was parents RIGHTS over their child's education. If Mr. Pearlman would have taken a moment to research instead of spouting several "fucks" at his phone camera and making an ass out of himself. Another CELEBRITY thinking their opinions are the ONLY ONES and the RIGHT ONES to have. 


The politicians are the same way thinking they are elite and above the common man. Their opinions matter... ours do not... except when we vote, and only then if it's for them. 


Ok... this has become rather long winded.


What I am trying to say is... OPEN YOUR MIND, THINK FOR YOURSELF. 


Don't base what you think off of some stupid celebrity or politician.... form your own opinion. Research... and don't bully someone else for a difference of opinion. You won't change their minds that way. Try to have calm, rational discussions about the matters that mean something to you. Don't pull a Will Smith and punch before you think... that's when they win because that shows them they have power over you (enough to make you explode into action). Don't let them win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.