Business Review: Semmes Pharmacy

I am extremely frustrated with Semmes Pharmacy.

For the last few years that I've been using them they've been pretty good I mean occasionally a mess up here and there but lately all they do is mess up and this week has been a real eye-opener.

When I went to get my prescriptions a few days ago they wanted to charge me $8 for a prescription of aspirin 81 mg which is the low dose for heart patients. You can buy aspirin that's 81 mg on Amazon.com for $6 (which is what I ended up doing anyway) and you'll have enough for the whole entire year. Their $8 for a 30-day prescription (maybe 90 day prescription) was unreasonable. When Dooms told them they needed to return that because we couldn't afford to pay $8 for some aspirin, they got an attitude with him. Strike one.

Now I needed my prescription for singular refilled so I went through their little app on Sunday and put in all the information and it said it would be ready and sent me a confirmation email. We get there today which is Tuesday and they said they don't have the prescription and then they told Dooms that he can wait five to 15 minutes for it to be filled. Ok. No problem. Dooms came back out to the car to tell me about it and I showed him the confirmation email. A screen-shotted it and sent it to him and he went back in there and they got an attitude with him about it. Strike two.

Then they call him back up there and tell him they can't refill it because it's only a 2 months and they need a 90 day so I'd have to call my doctor. Which is complete and utter bull shit because last month they filled it on a 30-day prescription and now they're saying they can't feel it unless it's a 90-day prescription. Strike three, you're out.

I am so done with them not getting my prescriptions on time, having an attitude anytime we go up there to get my prescriptions, and not having the professionalism that a pharmacy should have. 

Every time we go up there they act holier than now like they're better than us look down their nose at you like you're some kind of lower life form and I don't like feeling like that when I go to get my pills refilled. I know I'm on Medicaid, I know that I'm low income, and I know I'm disabled but you don't have to treat me like a second class citizen. 

I'm done.


Rating: 1/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.