Jussie Smollett and the fate of Empire


I really love the show EMPIRE.

Yea you heard me.

White girl likes a BLACK show.

SO WHAT!?!?!

I've enjoyed it since the show began. I love Cookie Lyon so much she's my hero. Somehow I always find myself rooting for Jamal Lyon played by Jussie Smollett.

That might change soon.



Jussie Smollett claims 2 men attacked him, said some "MAGA" comments, beat him up, poured bleach on him, and put a NOOSE around his neck then ran off.

Chicago PD says Smollett STAGED the entire thing down to sending himself threatening letters to the EMPIRE fan mail (or something like that) and hiring the 2 men that attacked him.

Smollett says he's innocent.

However Chicago PD says he's not. Jussie Smollett is indicted on 16 felony counts. On top of that more might be coming legally for him... and even worse, EMPIRE might be cancelled.

I am so very saddened and hurt by how this has gone down. He is the LAST person I thought would EVER do something like this. He seemed to be a smart, stylish, talented young black man with SO much going for him. That's over now if found guilty on all counts...

Whats worse is that it could cost all the people who work on the show EMPIRE their jobs. This is bad. I wonder if he even took that into account?!?!?

Do I believe Jussie did all this?

Honestly. Yes. If the police prove it there is no doubt. If he is proven innocent in a court of law then I will accept that too. However, the damage is done. His name is tarnished now. I am certain his career is over.

I am not saying this because he is BLACK. It would be the same if it were a white dude doing it as well. I would hope they would get the same kind of investigation and same kind of treatment.

Can't tell you how DISAPPOINTING this is...

This is NOT how you get your message out. This is NOT the way to go about getting ANYTHING done. This has had MASSIVE DAMAGE to not only himself but those around him and his EMPIRE team.

He will forever be known as "THAT" guy who lied about "THAT" thing.

I have no sympathy for him if he is guilty.


Latest News Article:  https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/jussie-smollett-court-appearance-chicago-mark-geragos/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.