Food Reviews: Ryze Mushroom Coffee

 








Ryze Mushroom Coffee

Okay I told you guys that I'm honest about the things that I buy and leave a review for because I know how it is to get scammed and not be happy with a product and be out of 20 $30 here and there. And this is a time where I feel like I have to tell the truth because I think I just got scammed out of 30 bucks.

I bought Ryze Mushroom Coffee... yep mushroom coffee. 

Now you have to understand something I like mushrooms when I go to a Chinese restaurant I pile my plate full of those mushrooms and that sauce that they cook them in and I'm in heaven. Put mushrooms on a pizza I'm in heaven. I think you understand that I kind of like mushrooms although I haven't ate a large variety of them.

With that said I figured what could it hurt to try these mushroom coffees especially if they're going to benefit my health in the long run with the properties of each different kind of mushroom (which I'll let you research if you want to on your own but I did enough research to know that the benefits of each different mushroom would have helped my health). Also, let's face it,  like my mother before me I'm addicted to coffee specifically mochas but I do love a good french vanilla too.

This brand says it's 100% vegan, lab tested, 2000 mg of mushrooms which consist of cordyceps, shiitake, lion's mane, turkey tail, King trumpet, and reishi. You're supposed to use one tablespoon of this powder mix with 8 to 10 oz of cold or hot water, ice is optional as is creamer and whatever else you want to add for flavor. I simply used one tablespoon of the powder, 8 oz of cold water bottled, and a sugar-free non-dairy French vanilla coffee creamer. 

The taste wasn't horrible but it did not taste like coffee, and for some reason my French vanilla didn't hold a favor against the mushroom coffee at all.

Now you're supposed to drink Ryze Mushroom Coffee once a day to help with your health but I don't see how I could continue to drink something that left kind of a nasty aftertaste in my mouth, I had no taste to begin with and is half the caffeine of a cup of coffee. I'm not really worried about caffeine intake because I've been addicted to colas and coffee all my life and if it cuts it in half that's good if it doesn't that's good too what I am worried about was the benefits of all the mushrooms I kind of need that.

I'll be finishing off this bag I'll probably try to add sugar because it's just not sweet enough for me maybe that'll help the taste but I don't see how this little bitty bag is worth the $30 I paid for it which is the introduction price so tell me how much they charge me per month if I kept up a subscription like they want you to. And it only came with one little free gift which is this wooden spoon and I really don't see myself using that for anything except maybe put it on my witch alter for something else.

Overall I hate to say it but I think you can find a better alternative to taking all these mushrooms then this Ryze Mushroom Coffee. That's my honest opinion.

Overall Rating: 0/5 😣🍄 

Taste: 1/5

Price: 0/5 (too pricey for coffee or mushrooms)

Value: 1/5

Package: 4/5 

Shipping: 5/5 (super fast) 

and also note that I had a problem with their money back guarantee which drops their rating from a 2/5 to a 0/5.

____________


Ok the company says it has a money back guarantee. Here's the screenshot of the guarantee.



☕☕☕☕☕



Okay now here's the email I sent them to see if they can give me a refund since I don't like the product.

My email to them:

Hello I ordered your mushroom coffee on the second of October. It had super fast shipping which I loved. This morning I opened the bag and tried your coffee. I did not like it and almost threw up because of the taste. Your website says that there's 100% money back guarantee. I'd like to see if I can initiate that in some form or fashion. Thank you so very much. And I'm very sorry I didn't like your coffee.

☕☕☕☕☕

And here is the response I got from Alex @ Ryze...

Hi Martha,
Happy Saturday, hope you’re having a great day so far! Thanks for letting me know, although I’m so sorry to hear that the product's taste isn't quite working for you yet. Keep in mind it really does grow on folks with a little time and experimentation.

As told by our reviews, thousands of people love the blend’s flavor but we understand it can be unique and acquired for others. You may be referring to the unusual smell/flavor due to the mushrooms + mct. There are tons of mushrooms in there (Four Sigmatic, the other leading mushroom coffee brand, includes 2 in their mushroom coffee while we include 6. We also include them at a higher potency, 2000mg in ours to 500mg in theirs) which means more health benefits but also a more unusual taste. That being said, the benefits of the mushrooms can be life-changing so we want to find a way for you to be able to use RYZE.

Many of our customers who don't like the naked taste of it add some sort of creamer and/or sweetener to make it more enjoyable. We highly recommend trying RYZE with some oat milk and honey as they pair well and help bring out more of the sweetness in the coffee. Cinnamon also works to mask some of the earthiness. You can also add it to smoothies or an existing cup of coffee (if you drink normal coffee or decaf). We also have more recipes on our website here and IGTV (@ryzesuperfoods) that you may want to check out for ideas on preparation. Can you try some of those ideas this month and let me know if any of them work for you? Otherwise, please let me know if you’d still like to return it and I will be happy to supply you with a prepaid return label.

Also, I've pulled up your order history and I can confirm that you were able to cancel your subscription online successfully. Rest assured, you won't be charged again or sent more shipments. Please let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can help you with. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Best,
Alex

☕☕☕☕☕

Here is my response to Alex...


Well this is unfortunate because I have tried it with sweeteners and it just didn't appeal to me, Still left a bad after taste in my mouth. In fact, I felt quite unwell for a few hours afterward yet I tried more than once. I really did try several options before contacting you. Yet you say wait 30 Days and try more options. Kinda didn't think I'd catch that if I did THAT which you asked me to do I'd be well past the guaranteed money back refund policy, did you think I don't read the entire thing? Also, I have no way to print a return label because I have no printer. I really just want my money back and to be rid of this... it's horrible. Please.

☕☕☕☕☕

Why do I get the feeling that Alex is trying to screw me out of my refund? I doubt I'll even see my refund because it looks like they're going to try to make me send an open product back of which if you go to their website and read the only way they refund is if it's unopened but yet they have this money back guarantee plastered up there and he's saying that he wants me to print out a return label which I can't do because I don't have a printer anymore and return the item and have to wait for him to inspect it and then send me the money back which he can very well just not do and I'd be out of the product and my money. 

The money back guarantee says no questions asked but yet here he goes explaining how I should try it with honey or mix it with my other coffee or listen that and the other and wait 30 days which would take me well out of the time frame to return it or get my money back. Kind of a scam isn't it? I don't think he thought I was smart enough to catch that but I did.

This is the reason why you should never buy from these sites and this is another lesson learned the hard way and I won't repeat it.

☕☕☕☕☕☕

Update 6pm:
New email from Alex that says....

Hi Martha,

Thanks for reaching back out. Mo worries, I can absolutely help with this. Please find the prepaid return label attached below along with some instructions. Kindly follow these instructions and use the return label to return it back to our warehouse within 30 days for a full refund.
Pack the items you're returning in the box or mailer they arrived in, or in a new box
Print your return label and attach it to the package
Cover any existing shipping labels or cover them with marker
Give the package to the shipping carrier identified on the return label
I'm here to help with anything else you may need, just let me know! Have a great rest of your day.

Best,
Alex

What a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.