I got to the doctor with five minutes of my appointment time, rushing like the devil to get there because I slept too late and fucked around.
So I get to the doctor expecting the bad news because they schedule this appointment within a week of my last one to tell me the results of a test, they said that I needed to know. I have freaked out since the moment they said they needed to see me within a couple of days running every horrid scenario in my mind.
I knew this probably had to do with the fact that the previous nurse practitioner that I had (thanks to the health department) decided to take me off my insulin and said I no longer needed anything because I wasn’t diabetic. This was something that Dooms and I were confused about, and frankly, we took the doctors word for it, even though she removed me from a lot of my medication, and it was questionable at best. I think Dooms and I should’ve probably thought more about it and weighed all the options but we really didn’t let it cross our minds that I didn’t need insulin anymore. We thought that this Doctor who isn’t really a doctor just a nurse practitioner actually cared about me and was trying to help me which in the long run, we realized some of the stuff she took me off of made me sick and she did that to me. That is why I decided to leave the health department and get me a real doctor.
In my mind, I Just knew that I was going to get the worst news in the world. My scenarios were that My diabetes was 800+ like it was back when I was first diagnosed and 2018 or 2019. That, or else my kidneys were failing or even worse I had cancer.
So I meet my new doctor and he is very informative. He gives you a lot of information at once and also it’s very easy to understand. I like that. I also like the fact that the way he talks to you is just normal and not in too many huge medical terms that you can’t understand. He is very super friendly and likable. He told me that he wanted to test my A1c, and while his nurse did that he explained to me the different things that could harm diabetics, and the things that can help diabetics.
The nurse brought back in the A1c test results and I was at a 6.5. The last time they tested my blood sugar I was 168. It’s a little high, but he says that he’s hopeful that I do not have to take insulin injections anymore That I can treat this with a simple pill and continue watching what I eat and exercise.
I am to see him again in January in a month because he wants to see how I’m doing with this new pill that he put me on. I was so stressed out this morning and so prepared for bad news. I cannot begin to tell you how relieved I am to know that even though I wasn’t taking my insulin I was making the right choices food wise that did not harm me so bad as to make my blood sugar back up to like it did in 2019 to 800+. I am extremely thankful I’m smart enough to manage my diabetes little bit better than previous people I’ve known.
I did tell him that I have a problem with my left leg with a little pains and everything in that and I’m scared that it might be neuropathy. He said that we would’ve addressed that next time which I found a little strange, but OK. I still think that it is to do with diabetes, but he seemed to think not, we’ll see next time.
I am still trying very hard not to go on pain medication or any more medication than I have to medicaid does not like to give you more than five prescriptions at a time and can be very finicky about those prescriptions giving you a headache just to try to get healthy again.
But today was good news even if it’s not perfect at a blood sugar sugar of between 80 to 130. It was 168, but I will take 168 over anything higher than that any day!! today is a reason to celebrate. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it could be, and that is a win in my book.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.