Product Review: Reli-on Blood Glucose Platinum Meter

 


I bought this meter at the end of December 2023.

I have had NOTHING but trouble with this meter!!!!

It would not sync properly with my iPhone or the mySugar app that is supposed to work with it!

Fast forward to this last Monday, it won’t turn on for me to see past readings it only turns on when I insert a blood test strip and take a reading. 

So I call Reli-on on Wednesday March 13th at 1pm. The lady I talked to said it was a battery issue. BULLSHIT! If it was a battery issue the meter wouldn’t come on at all! So I KNOW it isn’t that, plus I changed out batteries and it still did the same thing, so yea! 

She was nice and said they would send me a back up meter in 3-5 business days via FEDEX and I would get an email letting me know more.

So here we are on Saturday, 3 days later, and no word.

I am kinda thinking I won’t be getting a replacement or any further correspondence from them! 

I will update as things progress!


Update 3/18/24 11:46 am

I got tired of hearing nothing so I just sent reli-on this email:

I contacted Reli-on via phone Wednesday the 13th. I was told a new meter would be shipped to me in 3-5 business days and an email telling me when to expect it would also be emailed to me. That was 5 days ago, and still no word. I bought my platinum meter in December 2023. Right away I had problems with it not wanting to sync with Bluetooth or the mySugr app. No big deal, I don’t mind entering all the information manually. However in the last 2 weeks my meter has stopped being able to be turned on unless I take a reading and a blood test strip with blood is inside of it. I changed out batteries, so it isn’t batteries… if it was the meter wouldn’t show me my current readings when I take them! When I try to power it on to look at past readings, it will not come on! So that’s why I called. The lady I talked to said she’d send a backup meter and I’d get an email about when to expect it but it was usually 3-5 days. I have heard nothing! Can I please have an update on the situation? Thank you.


Update 1pm

Generic email mailed to me then a follow up finally giving me a tracking number that says DELIVERED imma go see…


Update 1:15pm

It arrived. 

Still upset they didn’t email me tracking cause I have neighbors that are sketchy at best. It was sitting on my deck in direct sunlight … Fed ex couldn’t bother themselves to step 5 more paces and put it on my table! 

Anyway, new meter works. Synced right off. Took 5 seconds when last time the broke meter never synced properly then just stopped working with Bluetooth all together! Pleased that Reli-on kept their word! Not many companies today actually do that! 


Update 11/25/24

Replacement meter crapped out! I am pissed 😡 

Had to change rating...

1/5

Their customer service is awesome but the product itself is shit 💩💩💩💩

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.