Stories: Class Rings

So a group of my member of on Facebook said today they wanted to talk about class rings. They were pondering if their children or any of GEN X’s kids were wanting any class rings for their graduation this coming up yea. Sadly, most said no…which it seems to have been less of a thing now that it was in 1996 When I graduated.

When we graduated in 1996, the class ring was a rite of passage that you earned for being a senior in high school and nowadays I don’t think the kids appreciate the fact that that was one of the things we used to earn. 

I told my story like this, they came to the school with the brochures, and the set up to show us all the class rings they sent home a brochure for us to show our parents, and they would come back at a later time, so we could place the order. If you look through those brochures, you saw those prices were unreal and extremely expensive .

I didn’t want my Mom spending any more on my senior year but she insisted! So I told her there was an alternative one she would be VERY pleased with.

I had already had a heads up on this, though, I had decided to research if there were an alternate method of getting a class ring, and there was. Even though I never told my classmates at the time where I got my classroom because it was really truly none of their business of how much I spent or where I got it. Besides, I hated most of the class of 1996 for the way they treated me throughout high school and I wasn’t gonna give them the satisfaction of finding something cheaper. I got my ring by going to Walmart and placing a class ring order. I spent less than $100 on my classroom and it happened to be the prettiest classroom I have ever seen. 

Here are the pictures enjoy!





PS. Mom was very happy, even envious of how pretty it was/is! I’ve kept it immaculate all these years. Pictures really don’t do it justice! It’s a petite little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.