Dooms and I ran into a grocery store to pick me up some more stuff to eat that's healthier and him some snacks.
We have been shopping for maybe an hour in there at the least and some cerebral palsy girl was being scolded rather meanly by her mom. We both exchanged looks but continued shopping.
We continue to shop and get towards the end of our shopping journey. We're in the frozen foods, Dooms is looking for something yummy to eat. Here comes cerebral palsy girl and I thought she was on a Bluetooth because she kept saying "hey baby" "Come here baby". She runs up to Dooms and corners him trying to feel all over him and hug him and he just threw his hands up and told her "I don't know you go away". She kept following him and persisting.
Meanwhile she pushed me out of the way and told him "oh she's nothing" and kept trying to hug him. At this point I was really upset so I was trying to find her mom who was nowhere in sight. Finally the cerebral palsy girl gave up because Dooms told her rudely to "go away" cause he didn't know her.
We both were freaked out and didn't even want to be there anymore.
We turn the corner and guess who's that check out? Cerebral palsy girl and now her mom. For a minute I almost wanted to say something to her mother. But I caught myself because I try to be nice and give everyone the benefit of the doubt but what I really wanted to say was this...
In these dangerous times where children are getting abducted, children are getting killed, children are getting raped ... you left your DISABLED child to run loose in a grocery store without your supervision... running up to strangers wanting to hug them. This situation could have turned out a whole lot worse for cerebral palsy girl had it been anyone else but Dooms (Dooms doesn't like to be touched and he damned sure doesn't like strangers). It could have been someone who would have done horrible things to this poor girl.
Her mother should be ashamed of herself.
At check out her mama was acting like she could care less what the child was doing. And when I say child she really wasn't much older than probably 15 or 16, but you know that people with cerebral palsy have a mentality of a small child. Her mother obviously doesn't know how to handle her child and I feel sorry for that child with that kind of mother. That poor girl can and probably will end up in a worse situation and not know no better.
Mothers of cerebral palsy children, please teach them that not everyone is good people and not to run up to complete strangers in such a open space with nobody to watch them and try to hug strangers or be friendly with them because it could end them being hurt in a bad way or being taken off and killed.
I felt like Dooms and I both did the right thing. Cuz I was looking for her mom to tell her mom get your daughter under control. I don't think we did the wrong thing at all.
Dooms is my roommate ... Not romantic interest. Still with his "background" I was scared...

No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.