My first trip to Cracker Barrel

 Cracker Barrel rating: 5/5


My fiance's plate - Breakfast Burger


My plate which I cleaned - Homestyle Chicken, Chicken and Dumplings, Corn, Mac & Cheese













I was at Cracker Barrel today 2/28 at 2pm with my guy and we were enjoying my first time at a Cracker Barrel when the waitress informed us someone had paid our check. 

We were shocked, moved, and both of us cried a little because of the kindness bestowed on us by a complete stranger. I was already nostalgic with the decor and the good food tasting like Mama used to make... Then I had this random act of kindness ... Whoever did this, thank you. You have no idea how much it meant to us. Not because of the money but the kindness, the love behind it. 

The waitress showed us a note left for us too and I am sharing it below along with our meals. Thank you again stranger, you made my first experience at Cracker Barrel even more memorable.


A friend of mine asked me why I had never in my 48 years been to a Cracker Barrel... So I decided to post my reply here in case others wondered.

✴️

I was with my parents till 20 something and they HATED going out to eat cause Mom said she could cook most of it better, married 13 years to a man who hated trying new things, after that a friend/roomie who couldn't get out due to him not taking care of his diabetic self and losing his legs, then a hate filled angry racist roommate who didn't like Cracker Barrel cause he had it before and said it sucked. 

My guy now takes me to places I've always wanted to experience and Cracker Barrel was on my list. I was so happy I cried. All these years and I get to do things I've been suppressed from doing all my life. 

Some people take for granted they get to do these things when there are others like me out here that only dream it. Now I get to live it baby steps at a time! 😄





No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.