Review: Protection Plans at Walmart and Walmart.com

This is why you should never buy Protection Plans at Walmart or Walmart.com...

I bought a brand new TCL 8000 BTU air conditioner window unit in 2024 and bought with it the Walmart Protection Plan for 3 years. 

Ok

2024 + 3 = 2027 ... Right? 

This is only 2026 which means I am completely still in the coverage window ... Right?

And it should completely cover if the unit stops working right?

WRONG!

I went to file my "claim" and the best they could offer me is for me to take it to a repairman (which will cost more than I paid for the unit) for me to pay out of pocket for the repairs and they will reimburse me some of what I pay out of pocket! 

WTF?!?! 

I bought the plan in case the unit had something happen in 3 years so it could be replaced. Now I have not missed it, this is from normal use... No accidents, nothing... Normal wear and tear. But it says it covers it...

Except now... 

Now It doesn't, I'd have to pay out of pocket!

So I went back and checked my coverage and it says it covers it... But yet this is the best they can offer me?!?! 

So... Let me get this straight, if I purchase the protection plan and it's 2 years in and the unit craps out from normal wear and usage the best you can offer me is a MAYBE you'll reimburse me for me paying out of pocket to get a unit repaired and possibly paying MORE than a NEW unit would cost?!?!? 

WHAT WAS THE POINT IN BUYING THE EXTRA COVERAGE THEN?!?!? 

WALMART IS SUCKERING US ALL INTO THESE CRAP PROTECTION PLANS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN HONOR!!!!

So do yourself a favor...

Don't buy it.

Just don't.

I am certain no matter what this is the response you will get if it is an air conditioner, speaker, tv, etc...

And I even will bet the cost of the repair would outweigh the value of the item covered and/or a new replacement!

Best to just not get the protection and if your item craps out... Middle finger 🖕🏻 Walmart and go buy another one preferably not from Walmart (if you can).


Rating: -100/5 

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Fuck you Walmart and fuck you Protection plan!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.