What if my Mom & Dad were alive and they met J?
Dad would have LOVED J and he hated most guys I had around. But J, J would have been my Dad's buddy! Their personalities would compliment each other. Dad was a jokester. He would make up silly songs, be generally silly, but he was serious about things he loved. J is the same way to some extent. I think they would have loved talking, being silly together keeping mom and I on our toes, and providing a lot of laughs for the family. I think both work very hard when they need to and it would have shown. I could see J and Dad putting their heads together for projects. I could see them always laughing and coming up with a lot of different things to do while music always played around them.
Mom... Mom would have loved J. She would have spoiled him. Mom would have taken him with us shopping just because J has a.unique perspective and style, Mom would have admired that. She would have challenged him to see who could eat the spiciest food. She would have loved to have him included in arts and crafts and game nights. Most of all she would have loved cooking for him and seeing the joy on his face from her cooking. J's upbeat personality and his go-getter attitude would have made him like Mom with her non-stop work ethic. I could see her asking him to help with garden, animals, or some art project and they'd be all in as J would crack a joke and make Mom laugh.
J would have completed our family.
Mom and Dad would have thought him perfect for me and they didn't think that about anyone before J. They would have cherished our holidays together... So much would have been done and so many memories made.
This what if ... It's more happy than sad.
Why?
Cause even though this can never happen I know Mom and Dad are watching some where and they see how happy J makes me... And they are like "finally". Finally someone makes our daughter happy. Finally someone loves her like she deserves.
Finally the family is complete.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.