Writing prompt: Breathing water
Tomorrow, we are slated to stop breathing air and start breathing water. What led to this and what other changes will we undergo?
Feel free to share your concept for how we got to this point.
Martha's Reply: 🦈
No air. My lungs empty. I gasp. Thankfully I was prepared. Once the skies blackened and the ash from the aliens invading (they burnt the world, scorched the skies, and left us to die) started falling from the skies the atmosphere burning making poisoned ash falling, the government said we could have one of 3 options.
First (which many chose) space and relocate to another planet one they built similar to the Death Star in Star Wars. Then there was the second option ... Scientists came up with a pill that could advance our evolution and make a human a sea creature of their choice with gills to breathe underwater.
This was the last day to breathe REAL air. Most humans have left Earth ... Only less than a few of us remained. They say less than 1/3. I really don't know.
All I know for sure is I am ready to begin my new journey. I have chosen my sea creature. I look down at the pill in my hand and out at the ocean from the edge of the pier.... Only minutes of real air remain. I swallow the pill.

My transformation comes painfully. Insides twisting... Reforming. Hard to breathe. I lean forward and splash into the waters below.
It doesn't take long before I reemerge as a powerful Great White Shark.
Lungs replaced with gills and cartilage. Sharp rows of teeth grow. My fin straight and erect. My.eyea shine with my soul ... MY SOUL ... Martha is still here. My memories, my heart, my soul... Now in shark form.
Scientists say the oceans will not be effected by the poisoned Ash Skies for at least 100 years... Plenty of time to have a real life... as Martha Shark.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.