Roe v Wade overturned

Today the Supreme Court overturned Roe versus Wade.

On the one hand I can understand wanting to save a child's life. Even an unborn child's life matters. 

But that aside taking a woman's right to choose whether or not to have a child is basically stripping away a basic right for women kind and telling us we're basically cattle / slaves. Women are only meant for one thing? Birthing babies? 

Roe versus Wade is a slippery slope. Well I don't agree that every child should be aborted I don't think stripping away a woman's right to choose is the right thing to do either. So where is the middle ground when you understand both sides?

I identify as neither Democrat or Republican. My stance is what's best for Americans and our way of life sometimes it borders on Republican point of view and sometimes it borders on a Democrat point of view. I think a healthy mixture of both sides is what's needed in this country because being one way or the other is kind of either being black or white because sometimes it's not about black or white it's about the gray area and more people need to focus on the gray area then trying to be militantly on one side or the other.

It's A dark Day no matter which way you look at it. Basically they've looked at women and said you have no rights over your own body to choose whether or not you have a child. Now on the flip side of that yes it's good that you're saving babies but at what cost? If a woman wants an abortion illegal or not she'll get one even if it costs her her own life. They did it before Roe versus Wade and they'll do it after.

I'm infuriated by the decision of the Supreme Court because women deserve the right to choose and no one should tell you what you do with your own body. And knowing that the American Supreme Court won't even back women... In a basic human right.... What little faith I had left in the backward ass government we have is lost.

You got to do what's right for you regardless of what anyone says. Don't be afraid to do it even if you have to do it without knowledge of the government. You are a woman and you have the right to decide if you have a child or not.

I hope you make the right decision for you.

Whatever gods are out there, please help this country because we lost our way and I don't know if we can get it back.



Also...
I posted this a few days ago on Facebook...
























Also I forgot to say this so I am editing to include this thought as well: 
Sometimes the things the government does are DISTRACTIONS to make the public pay attention to one thing while the covertly do something behind our backs. This would be a good distraction. People are heated about this no matter what side of the fence you are on. While you are letting your emotions and morals run high, the government might be SNEAKING behind our backs doing god knows what else... but believe me, it's best to keep your eyes open, your head up, and attention to EVERY detail no matter how small.

And one more thing...
It is kinda convenient that the Supreme Court (who said they were NOT going to reach a decision) suddenly only a mere less than 6 months to ELECTION TIME reach a decision that is in favor of letting the STATES decide if Abortions are legal or not KNOWING the "red" states are more likely to ban abortion therefore making SOME Republicans look bad and lessening the chance for the Republican SURGE in the November ELECTIONS. 

HOOO-HA.  I'm on a roll tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.