I was 8 or 9 years old getting ready to go to school one morning when they launched the Space shuttle Challenger. Mom was in the kitchen and I was watching in the living room.
Suddenly… I saw fire. “Mom,” I yelled, “ the shuttle is on fire!” “That’s just the engines honey,” Mom shouted back. “No Mom,” I replied, “Thia looks different.” Mom came inside the living room to see and just as she did… the shuttle exploded.
I was traumatized.
To this day I hate NASA and their space program. I stopped being a child dreaming of going beyond the stars and became a realist saying “man was not made to venture beyond our own world”.
Those people on Challenger died for what?
To me it was not worth the price they paid.
May the crew of the Challenger NEVER be forgotten and their souls find rest and peace, my poor soul having witnessed that at such a young age, never will.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to approve or delete your comments... It's my blog.